Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey completed over time

• f1refly
  • f1refly's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141045 by f1refly
Survey completed over time was created by f1refly
Hi,
at the moment, I just want to know IF this can be done.

I would like to setup a survey that a user would start, complete demographic information and answer a few questions and quit. Then I want to make more questions available the next day. The user would answer a new question or two and quit. I plan to send email or text notifications that they need to return to the survey.

Some questions would be dependent on answers to previous questions and from what I've read, that can be done.

But I don't want them to do the whole thing at once. I want to control when the questions are released. I know I will have to write code and that's OK.

Thanks for any help.

PS. This is for a dissertation...
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141059 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Survey completed over time
I think you may be able to do it with " Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token ".

A couple of possible ways to control question visibility...

1) Place a hidden equation type question (numVisits) at the beginning of the survey with something like this to increment its value on each visit:
Code:
{if (is_empty(numVisits), 1, numVisits+1)}
Then you can show successive questions with relevance based on numVisits. Note, this method may be little prone to abuse.

2) Place a hidden equation type question at the beginning of the survey and prefill it using the survey URL in the email or text notifications. Again, relevance of successive questions is based on that equation question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: f1refly
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose