Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Data set - Items as cases instead of subjects?

More
7 years 7 months ago #140155 by Jat
Hi all,

I want to design a survey for psychological purposes. I'm unsure about the features of Lime Survey regarding the provision of a flexible data set. Concretely, my survey will contain a part where subjects will have to insert items (single words) they remember from a story they previously read in small single text boxes. (i.e., a memory test).
I'd like to examine the data as follows: I want to look at the single items and the variables that predict whether they are remembered by subjects, i.e. what influences their mention by subjects. Hence, in the data set, I'd like the items subjects inserted in the text boxes to be listed along with their according variables, like age of the subject that remembered it, etc.
Ideally, I could receive two data sets, one listing the subjects as cases (which I guess LimeSurvey would provides in any case) and a second list listing the mentioned items as cases, as described.

Is that possible with LimeSurvey?

Best,
Jat
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #140159 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Data set - Items as cases instead of subjects?
Unless I'm missing something, this seems to be an issue for post-survey analysis, not for the LimeSurvey data collection. Assuming they are asked in the same survey, the memory items and memory factors for a given respondent will be in the same response (data row).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Joffm
More
7 years 7 months ago #140165 by Joffm
Hi, Jat,
as Tony said this is a post-survey analysis issue and can be done very easily in spreadsheets like EXCEL, OpenOffice, LibreOffice and in statistical analysis programs like SPSS as well.

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose