Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array filter exclusion with option Other

• r3nt3r
  • r3nt3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139571 by r3nt3r
Hello, I have survey with heavy array filter exclusion use and also some of the questions have option Other enabled. What I want to accomplish is to make option Other permanent in all question which have it, because it's hidden now if it's selected in the question stated as Array Filter Exclusion due it's nature.
I tried adding a simple javascript code which just shows the other option since I use Array filter style Hidden but the survey doesn't accept the answer because of the Mandatory option.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #139582 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Array filter exclusion with option Other
I think, due to the way the filtering works, you'll need to insert your own "Other" options and following short-text questions to be shown if those options are selected. Definitely not as pretty but it should work.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • r3nt3r
  • r3nt3r's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139586 by r3nt3r
Replied by r3nt3r on topic Array filter exclusion with option Other
Yep I just finished doing it this way.
I just thought someone might know a way with some javascript but nothing came to my mind.
More
7 years 7 months ago #139835 by Liesbeth
Replied by Liesbeth on topic Array filter exclusion with option Other
If I understand the problem correctly, you can solve this by adding {questioncode_other} to your array subquestions and set the subquestion validation to !is_empty(questioncode_other)

In this way the answer given with _other will be shown, and only when it is given.

Greetings,
Liesbeth

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose