Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Export Survey and include javascript question customization

• Maverick87Shaka
  • Maverick87Shaka's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #138924 by Maverick87Shaka
Hi to all,
I've finally completed my entire survey with a lot of javascript customization.
I need to re-use this "Survey Style" many time, and could be more than one active at the same time.
I'll try to export the .lss and create the new survey using import function, but the new survey generated by import doesn't contain javascript inside question, any idea how to export/import all the structure including custom javascript?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #138928 by tpartner
The .lss file should contain all JavaScript that's placed in the group description or question text.

What LimeSurvey version are you using?

Try opening the .lss file with a plain-text editor and searching for the JS (that will tell you if it's an export or import problem).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Maverick87Shaka
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #138941 by Maverick87Shaka

tpartner wrote: The .lss file should contain all JavaScript that's placed in the group description or question text.

What LimeSurvey version are you using?

Try opening the .lss file with a plain-text editor and searching for the JS (that will tell you if it's an export or import problem).

I've opened the .lss and its contain the javascript code. Also I try to import the file with my user ( SuperAdmin account ) and it's works great, importing in the new survey the javascript code too.
The problem seems occur only with "restricted" user account. The users that need to import the survey structure has the privilege reported in the screenshot.

Version is 2.50+ Build 160529
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Maverick87Shaka.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 10 months ago #138942 by tpartner
Did you turn off the XSS filter in Global settings --> Security?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Maverick87Shaka
More
7 years 9 months ago #139007 by Maverick87Shaka
Yes, it's the XSS filter option under security tab that prevent all other user to import javascript by file.
Turning this option Off like in your screen resolve the problem. ( Default installation is On )

Thanks

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose