Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Charts in the "Basic admin notification"

• ordogz
  • ordogz's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #138851 by ordogz
Hi,

I was able to create at the end of my survey an "end message" with the desired results field using the Expression Manager, furthermore I was able to insert in the template editor for the "completed page" a google chart script, which is representing the results data in the end message.
So, everything is fine until now.
The BIG question is that, I want to send an email notification to the user with all the details from that "end message page" together with the charts.
For this I copied/modified all the content ( the data calculated with expression manager) from the "end message" ,into the "Basic admin notification" section from "Email settings" and indeed it works well, after the user is finishing the survey, it will appear to him the correct "end message " with his results and chart representations as well.....BUT in the email notification the results is appearing WITHOUT the CHARTS.
I don't know how could I insert in that "Basic admin notification" area the chart google scripts too.
It would be very appreciated any help in this mater.
Thank you !

Zoltan
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 9 months ago #138864 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic Charts in the "Basic admin notification"

ordogz wrote: I don't know how could I insert in that "Basic admin notification" area the chart google scripts too.

The way to go is probably to generate & store somewhere an image of each chart... looks hard :(

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
More
7 years 9 months ago #138869 by coeneisma
Replied by coeneisma on topic Charts in the "Basic admin notification"
We just did a cutom plugin which can do this, but it needs a lot of manual set up and server tweaks, with quite some demendencies (eg Composer, Phantomjs, h2p, twig and swiftmailer to send custom generated PDF's). Not some simple plug-and-play plugin I'm afraid.

You probably already read somewhere else on this forum that you could use the Google Image Charts for your goal; it creates static images which you could use in your e-mail. It is deprecated but still works (and probably will do so for the next few years): developers.google.com/chart/interactive/...ry/genericimagechart
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago #138875 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Charts in the "Basic admin notification"
Hi,

I really don't understand why you need all of this for custom PDF:
tcpdf allow adding picture : then you can use phpgraph to do the pic.

See github.com/SondagesPro/LS-sendPdfReport for send HTML (with css and included picture) with 2.05/2.06 version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ordogz
  • ordogz's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #138981 by ordogz
Replied by ordogz on topic Charts in the "Basic admin notification"
Dear coeneisma,
Thank you for your help, I was able to use the "Google Image Charts" tool for my purpose, even if this is already deprecated.
It would be nice to use the new "Google interactive charts" codes in the same way, but hey , it's perfectly fine for me with the images too.
Thanks again.
Zoltan

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose