Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Select Random Statements in a Survey

• stevehb
  • stevehb's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #137487 by stevehb
Select Random Statements in a Survey was created by stevehb
Hi All
I have created a survey where I have 7 Basic Statements. I have created 21 "Questions" which are in reality all of the statements laid out in unique pairs. The respondent is asked to go through the question pairs (Radio List with 2 options each) and choose the one that resonates most strongly with them. So they are asked to evaluate A vs B, A vs C, A vs D, A vs E, A vs F, A vs G, B vs C, B vs D, B vs E etc.

Is there any way I could have 10 type A statements, 10 type B statements, 10 type C statements etc. and then have LimeSurvey select one of the type A statements at Random to compare against a randomly selected type B statement?

Also I'd like to randomize the order that the statements are paired in but make sure that once a type A statement has been used by a respondent they don't see that statement used again later in the survey.

Can LimeSurvey do this?

Steve
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #137523 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Select Random Statements in a Survey
I think this level of randomization is beyond Expression Manager. I suppose you could do it with JavaScript and local memory but it would take a lot of development and testing.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose