Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

List answer options depending on prior Short Free Text question

• pthv_newbie
  • pthv_newbie's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #136441 by pthv_newbie
Hi all,

Would anyone please be so kind to help me or point me to a solution on the following:

I'd like to have a dropdown list with answer options that depend on the institution the pollie belongs to.

In a first poll the institutions provided identifiers for teams and departments in their institution. Now in the second survey the employees have to assign theirselves to both.

Our idea was to provide the institutions a 5-letter identifier with the invitation mail that their employees should use to assign to their institution. Depending on the entered identifier two lists (one for the team, one for the department) should contain the entries that match those of the institution.

I found this
www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/8...q2-depends-on-q1-how
and got it to work, but this solution is not suitable to us, because
a) a list of all participating institutions should not be transparent for the pollees
and b) a list of institutions would be too cofusing, because their number is >100

Does anyone have a solution to depend the list entries on a prior question of the type "short free text" (in which the pollies would enter their institution identifier) or are there any suggestions for a better approach?

Any help would be would be greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by pthv_newbie. Reason: misspelling
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose