Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Remind people that they have not answered many questions on the previous page

More
7 years 11 months ago #136219 by Svewa
Hi guys,

I have a question concering the functionality of Limesurvey:

I want to create a survey that detects how many questions were answered in the previous group: For example, I have 10 questions in group 1 and if only either 5 of those are answered I want to create a filter-question after that group that reminds the participant that they have answered very few questions in the previous section. Would that be possible somehow?

Thank you guys in advance!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #136220 by holch
I think with expression manager you should be able to check which of the previous questions have been answered and display an alert.

You will need to create a equation question and experiement a little with expressions to check if the question was answered or not. Something like this should allow you to check if a specific question was answered or not:
Code:
if(is_empty(q1)

manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_Examples

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by holch.
More
7 years 11 months ago #136236 by svewas
Thank you for your advice holch , but wouldn't that mean I had to manually check whether all combinations of questions have been answered? Your expression seems like I have to address a specific question and check whether it is answered or not. What I would like to do is check whether a certain number of questions - regardless of ID - has been answered. Would that be possible as well?
  • tpartner
More
7 years 11 months ago #136240 by tpartner
Please refer to the manual - Expression Manager "count" function - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Functions

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Svewa
More
7 years 11 months ago #136243 by Svewa
thank you tpartner, I think I have an idea, but since I am new to all this and I have very little knowledge of programming I need to ask where I would put the Expression. Would I insert it in into the group that is to be shown only when a certain amount of the previous questions would be answered? And if so, is the count-function sufficient? Would it be possible to get an example, so that I could get a clearer image. I am sorry, I am just not that familiar with the Expression Manager yet :blush:
  • holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #136273 by holch
My code was just a hint to how you could approach this. As we don't know what type of questions you have in your survey, etc. it is very difficult to give more detailed examples.

You will need to write the expression into a relevance equation type question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago #136275 by Mazi
Assuming the first 10 questions are simple single choice questions and use question codes "q1", "q2", ... "q10", you can create a "text display" question at group #2 and use the following relevance equation for that question to only show up if less than 6 questions were answered:
count(q1.NAOK, q2.NAOK, q3.NAOK, q4.NAOK, q5.NAOK, q6.NAOK, q7.NAOK, q8.NAOK, q9.NAOK, q10.NAOK)<6

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose