Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

not counting hidden questions in the progress bar

• Siem
  • Siem's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #171684 by Siem
The reason I was using this workaround code in version 2.x is because LimeSurvey counts the hidden questions when calculating the progress-bar, so if you have a 10 question survey with 90 hidden questions at the end, the progress-bar will show 9% when you're at question 9.

However when you enable 'Show "There are X questions in this survey"' it does shows the number of questions - excluding the hidden ones. So it would show "There are 10 questions in the survey" - which is correct from the participant perspective. It is inconsequent now.

I tested it and version 3.13.2+180709 counts hidden questions for the progress-bar calculation, and not for "There are X questions in this survey". Do you think the way the progress-bar handles it, is a bug?

Would it possible to change the 2.X progress-bar workaround code so the works with version 3?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #171687 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic not counting hidden questions in the progress bar

Siem wrote: I tested it and version 3.13.2+180709 counts hidden questions for the progress-bar calculation, and not for "There are X questions in this survey". Do you think the way the progress-bar handles it, is a bug?

Clearly : take hidden question in progress bar is a bug.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
5 years 9 months ago #171713 by jelo

DenisChenu wrote:

Siem wrote: I tested it and version 3.13.2+180709 counts hidden questions for the progress-bar calculation, and not for "There are X questions in this survey". Do you think the way the progress-bar handles it, is a bug?

Clearly : take hidden question in progress bar is a bug.

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11361

What was the conclusion: All kind of hidden questions should be not counted? What about hidden by css?

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11665

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 9 months ago #171718 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic not counting hidden questions in the progress bar

jelo wrote: …

What was the conclusion: All kind of hidden questions should be not counted? What about hidden by css?

My point of view is hidden by attribute only (currently).

When we have hidden by css : the hidden system can not be really used in Question by question mode (shown only an hidden question), and in group by group mode : hope we have another question in same group :).

But : if we have hidden by EM : bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=13835 system : we have same difficulty than "relevance equation".

I see only : relevance (or hidden) equation set to 0 to fix it …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose