Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I remove the second set of answer names after 20 subquestions in an array?

• CGPsurvey2016
  • CGPsurvey2016's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 days ago #135236 by CGPsurvey2016
I have 23 subquestions in an array and after the first 20 the category/column titles for the answers appear again in the middle of the array. Can I get rid of them?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 days ago #135237 by holch
The amount of subquestions when this appears can be set in general settings. But 23 subquestions is a lot and people will forget about the scale if they can't see it on their screen anymore. So I would recommend to leave it there, but show it before (like after 12).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
8 years 3 days ago #135238 by holch
Here is where you can find this in LS 2.5:

Go to "Configuration" --> "Global settings"

Here a screenshot:

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• CGPsurvey2016
  • CGPsurvey2016's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 days ago #135278 by CGPsurvey2016
Hi! Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I am using Limesurvey through my McGill University login and the site appears to use version 1.92+. I don't see that option under General settings/Presentation & navigation. Is there a workaround?
  • holch
More
8 years 2 days ago #135283 by holch
This should be available in 1.92 as well, if I remember right. However, as you use the installation of a university, you most probably don't have access to the installation level settings, where this should be located at. You probably only have access on the survey level.

However, I can't believe your university is still on 1.92, which means that they have not updated Limesurvey for at least 4 years! This version has not received any security updates since 2012 (if I recall right) and should not be used in an productive environment. I would highly recommend to update to 2.06 (I personally would still wait a bit with 2.5). And it is not only about security. Limesurvey has improved a lot since then and it is worth to upgrade.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose