Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Mark text elements with colors

• aeMKei
  • aeMKei's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 4 days ago #135082 by aeMKei
Mark text elements with colors was created by aeMKei
Hello LimeSurvey forum,

i used the search engine but i couldn't find a matching topic. If there is, please forward me the URL.

I'm looking for a specific question type in LimeSurvey since i think, that the standards question types can't do the job. I want to give the participants of my survey a piece of text (not longer than 100 words) and afterwards i want them to mark specific words in this text with a preset color. So the task could be like "Read the text and mark all the nouns in red, the articles in blue and the verbs in green." As my question category already indicates, is there any way to do this with LimeSurvey? I have some programming background as well, so if there isn't any possibility or existing plugin, does someone have any experience whether that would be an easy implementation? Or does it take years to understand the implemented structure?

Kind regards,
aeMKei
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 11 months ago #135439 by first
Replied by first on topic Mark text elements with colors
Very simple .. have created several of them...

mir3z.github.io/texthighlighter/demos/simple.html

Survey Designer and Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: aeMKei
  • aeMKei
  • aeMKei's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #135529 by aeMKei
Replied by aeMKei on topic Mark text elements with colors
That looks AWESOME and exactly like what i need. I haven't checked the whole source code yet, so i still have some assumptions about how things work in detail. Am i right, that the inactive "Send" button will send me the whole marked text? Or does it only return the index of the respctive mark start/end? Can i implement these question types as a plugin to LimeSurvey? Thanks again for sharing your work and making it accessible to everyone.

Kind regards
aeMKei

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose