Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Parameters not passing reliably

• Florillrly_57423
  • Florillrly_57423's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #133613 by Florillrly_57423
Parameters not passing reliably was created by Florillrly_57423
Hi, I built a little php starting page that allows me to pull my organization's events from a database and then send that data through to a limesurvey using the standard GET parameter functionality (using panel integration) and it only works under certain conditions. It will work the first time I go to the form, but then any subsequent time, it will either retain the first set of values I pulled through (not the new ones) or, if I did "exit and clear," it will not pass the parameters through at all. If I clear my browser cache, it fixes the problem, but obviously this is not a feasible solution for all of the people who will be taking our survey if they happen to accidentally exit and clear or go back to a previous page and start again. I suspect that this might be a caching problem, but I'm not sure. Any advice on how to get these parameters to pass through to the form every time without fail?

Here's the landing page form:

And here's the form with the (correct ones, it works after clearing the browser cache) parameters not passing through properly:

Also, is it possible to hide (or even disable) some of these fields, since they would have already picked them on the previous landing page that I created? I know that the class names for form elements aren't going to be the same across all surveys, so that makes it difficult.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm in a pretty big bind until I figure this out
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by Florillrly_57423. Reason: Missing images
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #133635 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Parameters not passing reliably
1) Try appending the survey URL with "&newtest=Y" - this will start a new session.

2) You should be able to use the "Always hide this question" setting - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Sh...uestion_.28hidden.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Florillrly_57423
  • Florillrly_57423's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago #133671 by Florillrly_57423
Replied by Florillrly_57423 on topic Parameters not passing reliably
You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose