Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

End URL Token

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #133593 by nsata
End URL Token was created by nsata
From what I read in the documentation, it seems like I can pull through the token to my END URL. I am using the {TOKEN} parameter but cannot get it to populate when I take the survey. Am I missing something? I am using this as my end URL: www.mydomain.org/Files/Annual-Meeting/2016/{TOKEN}.pdf but it is not pulling in the TOKEN portion. I have tried it several ways based on the examples in the documentation but no luck.

Basically, when the person is done with the survey, their end URL would link to a PDF certificate (named based on their token) for them to download/print. Any advice would be much appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 weeks ago #133601 by nsata
Replied by nsata on topic End URL Token
Forgot to mention I am on the latest version of LimeSurvey
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133633 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic End URL Token
That's odd, it works for me in version 2.5. What exactly does the end URL render as?

Try {TOKEN:TOKEN}.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133639 by nsata
It gets the whole beginning of the URL correct, but does insert the token where I have the place holder. Here is what the link at the end of the survey currently leads to: www.mydomain.org/Files/Annual-Meeting/2016/
(I would like it to be: www.mydomain.org/Files/Annual-Meeting/2016/{the-token-key}.pdf )

If I go to the Survey summary settings, the end URL is displayed as: www.mydomain.org/Files/Annual-Meeting/2016/%7BTOKEN:TOKEN%7D (using your suggestion of {TOKEN:TOKEN}

I am on Version 2.50+ Build 160228 but I see there is an update now, would that maybe fix it? I have also tried inserting some of the other options from the documentation but still nothing. Would there be a setting I am missing? I am kind of baffled by this. (Also, my survey is active as I test it, if that would make a difference.) Thanks for any other suggestions!
  • tpartner
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133641 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic End URL Token
Replace "%7B" and "%7D" with braces:

Code:
www.mydomain.org/Files/Annual-Meeting/2016/{TOKEN:TOKEN}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #133644 by nsata
That is what I have (see below) but the %7B and such pops up when I hover over the link, which I find odd. I am going to try a new install and see if that works. I did the update, but no difference.

Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by nsata. Reason: Double Picture
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #133649 by nsata
There must be something wrong with the installation. I did a new test install and it all works. I will just have to start from scratch. Thanks for the help!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose