Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question Group Relevance Equations if question not displayed

• FortyEightK
  • FortyEightK's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #131140 by FortyEightK
I wonder if anyone can please help with this problem or whether I'm just asking for something that's simply not possible! I have a survey that has lent itself to many Question Groups as it does branch a fair bit. There are groups toward the end of the survey that are displayed (using Relevance Equations on the group itself) from answers to previous questions in question groups - so far so standard.

The problem is the relevance equation on the final group. Not all of the questions that are checked in the equation will have necessarily been displayed, but one will always have been.

I'm undoubtedly explaining this incredibly badly so I've attached a much-simplified .lss of what I'm trying to achieve: There are 4 Question Groups. Group 1 has a question that will either display Group 2 or Group 3. Group 4 has a relevance equation to only display if G2Q1 = "N" **OR** G3Q1 = "Y". This OR scenario doesn't work at all and I know it's because it's expecting both questions to have been displayed (it certainly works if you select both checkboxes in G1Q1) but the requirement for this survey is that only one of the groups is displayed. I've tried wrapping with is_null and is_empty checks but to no avail.

Many thanks for any help, even if it's just to say I'm attempting something daft :-)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by FortyEightK.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #131141 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • FortyEightK
  • FortyEightK's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #131143 by FortyEightK
DenisChenu, I salute you! Thank you very, very much for pointing that out. Works perfectly.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose