Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can I use LimeSurvey as a registration tool?

• kboutelle
  • kboutelle's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131090 by kboutelle
I'd like to limit the number of "seats" in a class and there are at least three options for each class time slot. Is there a way in LimeSurvey to allow 25 people to select option #1 for question #1 and then have that option either disappear or not be select-able when the limit is reached?

I've been researching many registration packages and they are either very expensive or are not configurable enough for all that I want to do. If I can do this one thing with LimeSurvey (which I already have installed and working very well for normal surveys) then I could really reduce my work load and provide a fantastic addition for my district.

Thanks in advance!

Network Admin
Fulton City School District
Fulton, NY
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #131094 by holch
Unfortunately I don't think Limesurvey will work well in this context. It is made with questionnaires in mind.

While you can use "quota" to limit certain responses (which would be exactly what you are looking for), the problem is that a full quota means the person is 'screened out' -> the questionnaire is finalized at this point. But you would need to give a warning and then allow to choose another option.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kboutelle
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose