Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filter survey responses from the browser response page in LS

More
8 years 1 month ago #130306 by FM007
The filtering of responses part of LimeSurvey isn't working too well for the way we need to obtain results. To filter the surveys we need to send to tutors to give them feedback, we use the filter responses section. We input information such as the tutors name and the date the teaching was performed to find the relevant responses, but as the input filter text is case sensitive if a user typed a capital letter in their survey response or they spelt the tutors name wrong the responses don't come back from the search at all.

On the browse responses page there are check boxes on the left hand side of the page. We would like these tick boxes to highlight the survey it relates to so we are able to select specific surveys we require to export as a PDF which include graphs for the results. At the moment the only function this tick box has is to ‘view the form’, ‘edit the form’ or ‘delete the form’. Is there any way a function like this or something that would perform a similar job can be added to this page? Or is there another way LimeSurvey can filter survey results and overcome the problem we encounter with filtering the responses from the filtering page with spelling mistakes etc that I haven't discovered yet?

Any help would be appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130312 by tpartner

...but as the input filter text is case sensitive if a user typed a capital letter in their survey response or they spelt the tutors name wrong the responses don't come back from the search at all.

Consider using a list-radio or list-dropdown for the tutor name question so there won't be spelling mistakes.

Is there any way a function like this or something that would perform a similar job can be added to this page?

Unfortunately, not without (major?) hacks to the core code.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130314 by FM007
Thank you for your response, we are in the process of changing some of the survey fields to drop down boxes but there are hundreds of tutor's names and title of seminar/lectures so the list is very long.

Is there any way a function like this or something that would perform a similar job can be added to this page?
-

Could this be something that LS support/consulting could offer help with? I thought choosing certain survey responses from the completed survey list would be a standard function which is why I think I must be missing something!

Thanks.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose