Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Provide a warning/pop-up message for optional questions

• pennywaltz
  • pennywaltz's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #129360 by pennywaltz
I am conducting a survey, within this group, all the questions are optional. So the default answer is "No Answer" or something like that.

I just want to make sure that the participant did not accidentally skipped the question. Thus I am wondering for an optional question, is there a way to warn the participant that he/she did not answer a question and keep the question optional.

One way I envision this is, after the participant finish with a group and hit next, the survey checks to see if there are any missing answers and if there is sends a pop-up for the person saying "You did not respond to X question(s)". But if the person hits next again, they won't receive that pop-up the second time but continue on within the survey. Basically the participant was warned only once that a question was not answered.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 months ago #129370 by tpartner
You could pop up an alert or a confirm message with JavaScript. See this post for inspiration - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...-you-can-skip#123388 . You will, of course, need to modify that workaround to suit your question type(s).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 3 months ago #129405 by DenisChenu
Sometimes :
I use a "Multiple choice question" with only ONE subquestion:
Question "You don't answer to {count(is_empty(Q1.NAOK),is_empty(Q2.NAOK))} questions"
Sub question "Check to confirm"
Relevance : {count(is_empty(Q1.NAOK),is_empty(Q2.NAOK))}>0
This question is mandatory, then user must check if he don't answer one of the question.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose