Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Anonymous survey and update resonses

More
8 years 3 months ago #129200 by Tiron
Hi,

I am using a LimeSurvey for the first time and it is proving to be a super cool tool so far :-)
However I have run into a problem, or not.
I am using anonymous survey as in Tokens>Anonymized responses?>YES
I would like to be able to allow the participants in the survey to save their answers and continue with the survey at a later time. I do not want to create additional responses, they have to be limited to 1 per participants.
English is not my native language and I am having some difficulty understanding the Manual.

The Manual says:
Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?: Default: No . If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey. If survey is anonymous or Enable token-based response persistence is set to NO, this adds a new responses. If survey is not anonymous and Enable token-based response persistence is Yes, user update existing response.

So..if survey is anonymous and next option is NO we have new responses. If survey is not anonymous and next option is YES user updates his responses.

Is there an option for survey is anonymous and the user updates his responses?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 months ago #129204 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Anonymous survey and update resonses
as far as I know (someone might correct me here), what the anonymous option does is unconnect the token from the responses once it is finished (otherwise you would be able to connect the person via the token with the responses, which means the survey is not anonymous anymore). So I don't think it is possible to use tokens, annonymity and updatability at the same time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
8 years 3 months ago #129217 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Anonymous survey and update resonses

Tiron wrote: ....
Is there an option for survey is anonymous and the user updates his responses?

No, because technically we can't allow it.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 4 months ago #143818 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Anonymous survey and update resonses
Sorry, I have no idea what that question is. If it even is a question and not spam.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose