Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dual Matrix where Scale 2 is a Dropdown with prefilled Answers?

• StefanBasen
  • StefanBasen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123299 by StefanBasen
Hello again,

tried the Search Function but didnt find any useful,so im asking again for help.
Im looking for a Dual Matrix Solution where Answer Scale 2 is a Dropdown with pre filled Answers. The Participant can on the answer Scale 1 say how he sees himself ( Good or bad 1-10 ) and on the Answer Scale 2 he say how he see´s someone else ( where 3 Answers are already present as dropdown where he can choose from )

So how im gonna do that one?

Thanks again
( Gonna donate as soon as my Paycheck arrives for those incredible Support here )
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 5 months ago #142268 by Marv
Hi guys,
I guess I have the same problem. Since I am a newbie to Java I need your help to create something like you can see in the picture.

It should be implemented as a client-side Java solution.
I am already more than thankful for any help!

Best
Marv
Attachments:
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #142279 by tpartner
I think it would be easier to place the drop-downs in separate previous questions and then use Expression Manager to pipe those answers into the array sub-question headings.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 5 months ago #142280 by LouisGac
I agree with tpartner.
Think about responsive design, think about how will look your survey on a smartphone.
Matrix is not the good solution: better to have separate questions.
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #142283 by Marv
Thanks for your fast answers.
I also thought about that but found no proper solution.

My problem transformed in a simple example:
I have a bunch of components (90) and the participants should choose which they have.
In a second question (this one), which is already dependent on the previous choosen components, I want to know with whom (20 options) they interact according to that component and how often (0 to 6).

Any combination of drop-downs with a free text or sth to quatify the frequency would be helpful. Of those 20 tops of 10 are supposed to be selected.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Marv.
More
7 years 5 months ago #142287 by jelo

Marv wrote: In a second question (this one), which is already dependent on the previous choosen components, I want to know with whom (20 options) they interact according to that component and how often (0 to 6).

Explain the interaction a bit more. To me it currently looks like you want to show question 2 for each component chosen in the first question.
For each item chosen from question one the grad of interaction with 20 options should be stated (0-6).
Is that the case?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
7 years 5 months ago #142291 by Marv
yes, that's correct.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 5 months ago #142297 by tpartner
In that case, I don't think an array will work - there's no way to properly display an array with up to 90 items. So, we're back to my suggestion of separate drop-downs.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose