Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide/show answers depending on category (not array filter)

• Effenberg0x0
  • Effenberg0x0's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123550 by Effenberg0x0
I have a Multiple Numeric Input question with a very specific problem. Examples below:

- I need it to only show the answer "Hardware" if the user checked "Computers", "Tablets" and/or "Monitors", etc in a previous question. If the user did not mentioned selling things that classify as Hardware previously, I like it to set Hardware to 0 and hide the "Hardware" answer.

- It should only show "Services" if the user checked "Support", "Maintenance", etc in a previous answer. Else, it should set "Services" to 0 and hide the answer.

As you can see, it's definitely not a direct array filter. Is it doable?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #123552 by steve_81
Hello,

since 2.06 there is the possibility of subquestion relevance, this could solve the problem.

Greets
Stefan
  • Effenberg0x0
More
8 years 7 months ago #123556 by Effenberg0x0
It works! But it creates a weird problem. Now I get a lot of SGQA identifiers printed to the end of the question, in the place where it should present the sum of the numeric fields and how much was missing to sum 100%. See the attached screenshot:

Now I gotta find a way to still have the sum of numeric fields and remaining to 100%, but hide all this SGQA.

What am I doing wrong here?
Attachments:
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #123558 by holch
Can you post a copy of the relevant questions / question group here?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Effenberg0x0
More
8 years 7 months ago #123560 by Effenberg0x0
Sure, I exported the question to LSQ and attached it here. Let me know what else you need, or if you want an URL to access the survey.

I have just checked that when I add anything to the subquestion relevance of any answer, I get this weird output . If I clear the relevance fields for all answers, the weird output disappears and the sum/remaining of numeric fields starts working again.

Thank you so much for the support.
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123561 by holch
Have you tried it with a different template? I can see that you are not using one of the templates that comes with Limesurvey, but the one for Toolsforresearch. What happens if you switch to the default template?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123562 by holch
But only one question (.lsq) will not help, because this is based on more than one question, right? So please export the survey or at least the question group, that contains all relevant questions to make this work or reproduce the problem.

• Effenberg0x0
More
8 years 7 months ago #123563 by Effenberg0x0
You are right Holch. When I switched back to the default template, I got rid of that. See the screenshot.

Do you know of any workaround I could use to continue using tfr but not have this problem?
Attachments:
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123564 by holch
I would assume that there is some kind of error in the template (probably some open "{" or something. Have a look in the source code of the template that generates the problem. And maybe have the user @Tammo informed. He is responsible for the tfr template and he might be able to look into this.

Um abraço desde São Paulo.

• Effenberg0x0
More
8 years 7 months ago #123566 by Effenberg0x0
Maybe I can spot the problem by comparing the question in the default vs. TFR template using Chrome Dev Tools, if its something easy like a missing }. I'll definitely try that but for now I'll have to give up TFR and go back to the default template, I got like one hour to publish this survey...

Obrigado!
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 7 months ago #123569 by tammo
Too bad ... we will certainly look into this!

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • tammo
More
8 years 7 months ago #123570 by tammo
If possible, can you send us the total survey (we will delete it after solving the problem)? At what point did this occur?

thanks in advance,

Tammo

tammo.terhark@toolsforresearch.com

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose