Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Remove 'No Answer' from an arry

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #263172 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Remove 'No Answer' from an arry
So you did go to your survey, into the settings tab on the left, chose "presentation" and set "show... no answer" to off? this should switch it off for the specific survey.

On an installation level you can go to "Configuration" --> "Settings" --> "Presentation" --> "Show no answer" --> OFF.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #263174 by holch
I also imported your survey, here a couple of things:

- Why do you ask "today's date"? You will have the date when the survey was filled anyway, right?
- Why is gender an open ended question? This will make you a lot of extra work when analysing. While I get that people identify with different genders today, most will probably still choose female/male. Then I would offer an "other" option, maybe even with the possibility to write something. But at least you can analyse better later. Just my thoughts while going through.

And the 03 - General questions Header for me just looks like for Joffm. Not like yours. Check your settings on both levels, general AND survey level.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• LSSSurvey1
  • LSSSurvey1's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #263181 by LSSSurvey1
Replied by LSSSurvey1 on topic Remove 'No Answer' from an arry
no answer is set to off.
some surveys are filled on papers, so today's date help the data entry people to enter the survey in the date that it was completed.
for gender, there are countless of genders, and we want people to feel free to type whatever gender they think approprate for them.

• holch
More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #263184 by holch
Import your survey that you posted here and see what happens. Sometimes there is a glitch somewhere. Because if "show no answer" is off in both locations, it shouldn't show.

some surveys are filled on papers, so today's date help the data entry people to enter the survey in the date that it was completed.

Makes sense. To a certain degree. I would probably still try to hide it for those that are done online, but at least this explains why you are asking for today's date. :-)

for gender, there are countless of genders, and we want people to feel free to type whatever gender they think approprate for them.

I think that with the options
Female
Male
Other, please specify: __________

people would still feel free to type whatever they want and it would make your life easier later on, but this is your decision of course. I just saw it and thought I'd mention something.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose