Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installation form after container restart

• urbana
  • urbana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 months 4 days ago - 7 months 4 days ago #250602 by urbana
Hi I am running limesurvey in a container. After every restart of the container, limesurvey shows me the installation set up form again, when I try to access it. After I enter the db credentials again, it recognizes the installation and forwards me to the admin page where everything is ok. Users still exist, survey etc. 
-> Which is logical since the image downloads the limesurvey zip and unzips it. so it's like an original installation. 

My question: whats the "marker" for limesurvey to forward me to the installation site. How can I prevent that?
thx

Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by urbana.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #254042 by JiyaHana
Replied by JiyaHana on topic Installation form after container restart
The repeated installation setup after container restart in LimeSurvey could be caused by the absence of a marker indicating a completed installation. Check persistent storage for LimeSurvey configuration and data across container restarts. This helps in retaining the installation state and avoid the system from initiating the setup process repeatedly. For installation you can follow the steps from  Installation procedure for limesurvey 2.0 - LimeSurvey Manual .

• urbana
  • urbana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #254081 by urbana
Replied by urbana on topic Installation form after container restart
Hi thank you for your answer.
Yes you are right. I already solved it by mounting a volume in the container to persist the data. the solved it.
Br

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #254244 by JiyaHana
Replied by JiyaHana on topic Installation form after container restart
Okay, It sound great.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose