Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #255272 by MadhuraBL
Replied by MadhuraBL on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade
I'm experiencing the same issue. I didn't encounter any slowness problems with Version 3. However, after installing Version 5, even with just two surveys (both quite substantial with numerous conditions), I've noticed significant delays not only in survey loading but also in the backend settings pages. These pages often take a considerable amount of time to load and, in some cases, fail to load altogether—especially those with pagination, such as Display Responses and Display Participants.I'm curious if the fact that my Version 5 is installed within the Version 3 root directory could be contributing to the issue. Additionally, I've noticed that SSL is not enforced for Version 5. Could this lack of SSL enforcement be affecting the overall load time?Using university based own servers.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by MadhuraBL.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #258025 by Miranda_Hudson
Replied by Miranda_Hudson on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade
Hi AideenW, It's possible that the issue might be related to the server resources or the complexity of your survey. Have you tried optimizing your survey by reducing the number of conditions or using simpler question types? Additionally, checking the server logs for any errors or resource bottlenecks might provide some insights. If the problem continues, reaching out to LimeSurvey support or the community for specific optimization tips could be beneficial.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #258033 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade
ChatGTP crap?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #258416 by LemonLime11
Replied by LemonLime11 on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade
Migrated from Limesurvey 2.72.3 (PHP 5.4.20) to 6.4.1 (PHP 8.2.16) and I'm experiencing this as well.
a survey currently on my production environment respond on an average of 1 secs. but on the migrated version it takes about 10secs on average to load the survey.

• DenisChenu
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #258461 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade

Migrated from Limesurvey 2.72.3 (PHP 5.4.20) to 6.4.1 (PHP 8.2.16) and I'm experiencing this as well.
a survey currently on my production environment respond on an average of 1 secs. but on the migrated version it takes about 10secs on average to load the survey.

We remove a lot of DB request in last version, maybe you can try to update to 6.4.12

You have same issue with 5.X or not ?
It can be great if you can (on this survey) activate debug mode + debugsql mode then we can try to find where have great improvmemnt.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #258463 by LemonLime11
Hi Denis,

Thanks for the response. I will try to update to 6.4.12. I have the SQL output during profiling saved. I can send it to you

• DenisChenu
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #258464 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Loading a survey is really slow after upgrade
Not to me : to all LimeSurvey dev
community.limesurvey.org/bug-tracker/

With debug=2 and debugsql to 1 you have something like this

at bottom of page.

Maybe there are some specific SQL request for your survey
PS : even if there are no major difference in SQL : it can be something else : since you can compare 5 and 6 currently : it's best if you can report the speed issue with your survey.
(issue can be private : seen only by LS core developper).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #258512 by LemonLime11
Hi Denis,

After updating to limesurvey 6.4.12, I got this error. I will try to upgrade to the latest 5.x.x after getting the SQL profile for 6.4.12

I logged the issue as well on another thread
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation...to-6-4-12-from-6-4-1
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose