Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5

• Snowboard1540
  • Snowboard1540's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #243064 by Snowboard1540
Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5 was created by Snowboard1540
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.0.5+230502 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: default
==================
After Upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5, asks me to upgrade database from 600 to 605Database upgradeMake sure to make a database backup before proceeding.Please verify the following information before continuing with the database upgrade:Database type:pgsqlDatabase name:limesurveyTable prefix:lime_Site name: Root URL:/index.phpCurrent database version:600Target database version:605

An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[25P02]: In failed sql transaction: 7 ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction blockFile Update_601.php, line 38.

Try to update via CLI
php application/commands/console.php updatedb
dbname=limesurvey; with prefix :lime_ from 600 to 605
CException: Please fix this error in your database and try again in /var/www/limesurvey/application/commands/UpdateDbCommand.php:50
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/limesurvey/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleCommandRunner.php(71): UpdateDBCommand->run()
#1 /var/www/limesurvey/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/console/CConsoleApplication.php(92): CConsoleCommandRunner->run()
#2 /var/www/limesurvey/vendor/yiisoft/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(185): CConsoleApplication->processRequest()
#3 /var/www/limesurvey/application/commands/console.php(77): CApplication->run()

Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Snowboard1540.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #243108 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
You seem to use Postgre as your database. Afaik the developers mainly develop and test on mysql and thus with Postgre things might not always run as planned. I would open a bug report and if you are a paying member of Comfortupdate you might also open a support ticket. If you are no paying customer of Limesurvey GmbH your best chance is to open a bug report.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Snowboard1540

• Snowboard1540
  • Snowboard1540's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #243125 by Snowboard1540
Replied by Snowboard1540 on topic Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
I converted the database from postgresql to mariadb and was able to upgrade with no issues.

Thank you for the help

• holch
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #243126 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
Great that it worked out for you. Nevertheless, it would be great to create a bug report, because this should also work with Postgre.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• DenisChenu
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #243367 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
2 things

1. We support PostgreSQL at 100% . But issue can happen (we don't have a system to auto test PGSQL) : please report such issue
2. How do you transfert the PG database to mysql database ? There are a dumpsql for PG ? Like we have for mariadb ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

More
11 months 1 week ago #243565 by alinuxexpert
Replied by alinuxexpert on topic Unable to upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.5
I'm experiencing the same issue upgrading from 6.0.2 to 6.0.7. I created a bug report for it: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=18827
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose