Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

"Caution: JavaScript execution is disabled ..." Pop-Up

• nh905
  • nh905's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #205195 by nh905
I recently created a simple survey ( limesurvey.sinet.ca/292333/ ) and noticed a pop-up (attached screenshot) that briefly displays and then disappears - I used CamStudio to capture the video so that I could read the text and grab the screenshot. I am also seeing the pop-up with older surveys where I had not noticed the issue. My best guess is that the issue started happening when I upgraded from 3.17.1 to 3.22.9 (Windows 10 Home version 2004). I did a clean upgrade to LTS 3.23.1 using the instructions from manual.limesurvey.org/Upgrading_from_a_previous_version . I have not done any customisation of Limesurvey. I see a lot of posts on this topic but none of them seem to apply to my situation. I have JavaScript enabled in Chrome and Firefox, and can reproduce the problem in incognito sessions of these browsers. I have checked Developer tools and see no errors in the Web Console. Any suggestions on how to narrow down what might be causing this problem?Thanks, Norbert
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by nh905. Reason: Fix attachement
The topic has been locked.
  • nh905
More
3 years 8 months ago #205197 by nh905
I tracked down the message to "themes/survey/vanilla/views/subviews/messages/no_js_alert.twig". I used a Linux editor to remove the text in this file - the pop-up disappeared. However, when I restored the original no_js_alert.twig file, the pop-up did not re-appear. I cleared the assets cache - the pop-up is still not showing up. I am definitely not up to speed on twig (:-). The original issue I had may be gone, but I am concerned that it will return at some point.

Thanks, Norbert
  • nh905
More
3 years 8 months ago #205247 by nh905
I am guessing that my edits to no_js_alert.twig were automatically incorporated into the Fruity theme I am using for the survey, but the restore of the original no_js_alert.twig did not get incorporated into the Fruity theme because the date was older than the edited file. If I want to reproduce the original problem, do I need to Reset the Fruity theme via Configuration -> Advanced / Themes?

Thanks, Norbert
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 8 months ago #205252 by tpartner
Never edit the files in the core themes. Extend the theme and edit files there.

Yes, resetting the theme should clear the assets cache and restore the core file.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 7 months ago #205290 by DenisChenu
Strange : the nojs.js file is loaded at end in firefox.

It muts be the 1st one loaded and i think it was case before ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose