Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Two very basic questions before I start

• Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 8 months ago #172270 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Two very basic questions before I start
Hi,
to add something:

As far as I understood he wants to ask people who already registered on your website.
And there is a time gap between the first and the second survey. (we do not know why)

So you want to show the link and individual token on the website, that every time somebody logs in, he will see his token.

You obviously fear that these credentials are forgotten or deleted, if they are sent in the "Thank you" message of the first survey. Doing it this way this information is always available on the website.

To finish: we gave about five different ways to do this. Now it's up to you to decide.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The topic has been locked.
  • earlofwessex
  • earlofwessex's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #172742 by earlofwessex
Replied by earlofwessex on topic Two very basic questions before I start
Since my goal is to
1. Ensure the survey is anonymous and
2. Ensure that only those who complete both the first and second survey are counted

Can I handle it this way?

1. Put both my 1st and 2nd surveys into the same survey (so I have only one)
2. Ask the participants to save and resume later at the end of what was the 1st survey (I anticipate cooperative participants, not mischievous ones)
3. Set the survey to anonymous

Then, when they finish the materials they are supposed to read between the surveys (which is a whole course of about 36,000 words, which is why I can't put it in the survey itself, as was suggested), I would give them a URL which returns them to the survey.

I just don't know how the save and resume function works. I tried to test it myself but when I closed and reopened my browser, it made me start over. I assume that this is because I'm previewing the survey.

Thank you so much for your time.
More
5 years 8 months ago #172788 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Two very basic questions before I start

earlofwessex wrote: Since my goal is to
1. Ensure the survey is anonymous and

You should explain the scenario a bit more.

"Anonymous" is not easy and often comes in different concepts when put into reality.

What options do you have to distribute the URL to the survey itself.

E.g if all people are in physically contact at least once in a while, you could print a URL and a token on cards and put a bowl in the room. People take a card and you can provide surveys based on a token but still don't know who it is. You could use token persistence and reentering the survey without return and resume function.

The return and resume function is missing a way, to just provide a page with QRCode, Code and a URLwithCode. That way people could take picture, scan or bookmark the URL to reenter the survey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose