Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Truncated data using "VBA For RemoteControl2 JSON RPC"

• roblej
  • roblej's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 6 days ago #244357 by roblej
Your LimeSurvey version: Versión 5.6.26+230613
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template:
==================

Hello,

we are using the code "VBA For RemoteControl2 JSON RPC" from this forum to import the answers' table of a survey in Excel (many thanks to the author).  The table has 2185 (CFA) columns. Only the first row of the table, the header, has data in all cells (the codes for each question). The rest of the rows have data only in some cells.

The problem we are encountering in Excel is that the first row is truncated at column 1984 (BXH). The rest of the answers' data is imported fine, in the correct cells and their corresponding position.

We do not think it is a PHP problem, because we have set max_input_vars = 4000 and because the export of the answers to Excel using the limesurvey interface works correctly.

Any suggestions on the reason for this problem? 

Thank you very much in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 months 6 days ago - 10 months 6 days ago #244376 by holch
If the excel export from Limesurvey directly works just fine I think your best chance is with the author of this script, because this sounds more like a problem of VBA or this script, rather than a Limesurvey problem.

OK, there is a possibility that it is an issue with the API, e.g. a limit with what can be transmitted via Json (not an expert on this, so maybe someone else knows more here). Just found this with a quick research: stackoverflow.com/questions/1262376/is-t...w-much-json-can-hold

Does your first row contain a lot of text in each column?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 10 months 6 days ago by holch.

• roblej
  • roblej's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 6 days ago #244380 by roblej
Thanks for your answer, holch.

Of course, it's not a limesurvey issue. This is related with that code and json.
The content in first row cells are codes, less than 10 letters and numbers each.

We are going to check this 8k limit that appears in your link.
Thanks again

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose