Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error exporting participants

• MikeatEduTech
  • MikeatEduTech's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #242271 by MikeatEduTech
Error exporting participants was created by MikeatEduTech
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.13+230327
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server - Windows 2022/ IIS / MSSQL / PHP 8.2.4
Survey theme/template: extended fruity
==================
Hello, I am unable to export participant lists from my surveys. Each time I try I get an error page with the following:This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://*************/index.php?r=admin/tokens/sa/exportdialog/surveyid/283847 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE
  • This happens regardless of which browser I am using (Edge, FF, Chrome).
  • This happens regardless of which workstation (including trying on browser on the server itself).
  • I AM able to export other data, including CSV exports of responses. Only participant records are unable to export.
  • This happens on multiple different surveys. I made a survey with only one participant (manually created) and still had the error.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

UPDATE: I added some logging and came up with this stack trace:

2023/04/07 15:38:25 [error] [system.db.CDbCommand] CDbCommand::fetchColumn() failed: SQLSTATE[42000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Column "lime_tokens_942825.tid" is invalid in the ORDER BY clause because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.. The SQL statement executed was: SELECT count(*)
FROM [lime_tokens_942825] [lt]
WHERE 1=1
ORDER BY [lt].[tid].
2023/04/07 15:38:25 [error] [exception.CDbException] CDbException: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Column "lime_tokens_942825.tid" is invalid in the ORDER BY clause because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause. in ****************\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\db\CDbCommand.php:543
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\db\CDbCommand.php(433): CDbCommand->queryInternal()
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\application\helpers\export_helper.php(2343): CDbCommand->queryScalar()
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\application\controllers\admin\Tokens.php(1599): tokensExport()
#3 [internal function]: Tokens->exportdialog()
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\actions\CAction.php(115): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs()
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\application\core\SurveyCommonAction.php(83): CAction->runWithParamsInternal()
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(308): SurveyCommonAction->runWithParams()
#7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(286): CController->runAction()
#8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(265): CController->runActionWithFilters()
#9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\application\controllers\AdminController.php(202): CController->run()
#10 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(282): AdminController->run()
#11 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController()
#12 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\base\CApplication.php(185): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#13 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\limesurvey\index.php(161): CApplication->run()
#14 {main}
REQUEST_URI=/index.php?r=admin/tokens/sa/exportdialog/surveyid/942825
HTTP_REFERER=https://****************/index.php?r=admin/tokens/sa/exportdialog/surveyid/942825
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by MikeatEduTech.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242277 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Error exporting participants
That looks to me like an bug in LimeSurvey in combination with MSSQL. Before submitting that bug you might try to update your LimeSurvey installation to the latest version 5 release. community.limesurvey.org/releases/

I would recommend to create a new survey with a few test participants. Try the export again and see if the issue is still there.
Then submit a bugreport.

LimeSurvey is developed and fully tested with MySQL. PostgreSQL and MSSQL are tested to a lesser scale.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• MikeatEduTech
  • MikeatEduTech's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242283 by MikeatEduTech
Replied by MikeatEduTech on topic Error exporting participants
Thanks, I downloaded the 6.0.0 release and had the same results. (The 5.x releases no longer have download links that I could find.) I'll submit a bug report.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242285 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Error exporting participants
If 6.0 has the same issue, the bug seems to have be carried over from LS5. Please report the issue for LS5.

The 5.6.14 can be found here.

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/archive...gs/5.6.14+230403.zip

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose