Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Existing work on simplified interface for simple questionnaires?

• innov8
  • innov8's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #197129 by innov8
I realize this is not what LS was designed for, but once I learned to use LS to make an assessment for my company, it was (or seemed, at the time) the easiest cheap white-label solution for making one-off single-respondent info-gathering questionnaires.

I currently use a simple plain text format (a very very simple dsl) to define the questionnaires and assessments, from which a python script generates the much gnarlier .tsv input file to import into LS. I like having minimal source survey definitions for various reasons (major changes faster, better stability across LS versions, option to move to other survey client, etc), and my colleagues don't want to use the LS GUI. The drawback is that making minor changes to survey text is too slow. Ideally it would not involve me at all.

I imagine that I can use the RemoteControl 2 API to streamline this workflow (and share the results with the community, if I can learn the appropriate place to do so), but I'm wondering if there's already a better option out there.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose