Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide standard help message only when custom one is added: possible?

• nonformality
  • nonformality's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Donor
  • Platinum Donor
More
10 months 1 week ago #244177 by nonformality
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.1.3+230612
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
My question, in a nutshell: Is there a way in which the standard help message for a question can be hidden only if a custom one is entered?

The context of the question: For LS 6, not all language translations are complete yet, and we are using languages for which phrases such as "Select all that apply" haven't been translated yet. I am of course submitting these missing translations to  translate.limesurvey.org/projects/ but it usually takes a while until they make their way into LS. As a work-around in the meantime, I would love to find a way in which the setting "Hide tip – Hide the tip that is normally shown with a question” can be activated IF, and only if, a text is entered in the help section of the question. That way, I would avoid turning off the tip altogether and wouldn't have to duplicate work by then needing to enter the help text for all the languages for which the translation does exist. Our survey has 30 languages, so it's quite an effort :)

Example of a language with missing translation of Select all that apply:

Example of a custom help text added – in the case that the custom help text exists, I want the non-translated standard message to disappear:

Is that somehow possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 months 1 week ago #244178 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nonformality

• holch
More
10 months 1 week ago #244197 by holch
You can always include the translations into your local language files, until they make it into the official language files with a future update.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nonformality

• nonformality
  • nonformality's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Donor
  • Platinum Donor
More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #244198 by nonformality

You can always include the translations into your local language files, until they make it into the official language files with a future update.

Ohhhaa, that sounds awesome! For anyone wondering, instructions for that are here: manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSurvey  
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by nonformality.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose