Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

End a survey midway thru (Enable participant-based response persistence: On)

• eyeballs
  • eyeballs's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 17 hours ago - 1 year 17 hours ago #242847 by eyeballs
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  Version 5.6.15+230412
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server
Survey theme/template: Custom
==================
Hello:

We have a survey with "Enable participant-based response persistence: On". Our coordinator will be administering the survey to several participants over the phone (reading the questions).

What methods are available to exit the survey before completion (aborted survey - participants wishes not to move forward) and move on to the next participants without the previous responses written the survey. FYI: we have "Enable participant-based response persistence: On" due to the fact ocassionally connections are dropped - we don't want staff to loose progress and previous responses. 

Thanks

Last edit: 1 year 17 hours ago by eyeballs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 1 hour ago #242863 by DenisChenu
I'm unsure of you need, i don't understand

But you can add a link with (copied survey link)&newtest=Y everywhere : this allow to quit current survey and start it again without loosing any value.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• holch
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #242888 by holch
If you use "Enable participant-based response persistence: On" you are using a participant table. For different participants (with a different token in the URL), previous answers should only appear, if the new respondent you are switching to has provided answers before, Otherwise, for a different token, the survey should start for this specific token (so either empty or with the answers of the participant that is connected with this new token).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• eyeballs
  • eyeballs's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 4 weeks ago #242893 by eyeballs
Apologies for the confusion. Hopeful the following clarifies the situation:

1) The coordinator will be using the same token for all participants.
2) My understanding is with the same token, if the survey completes the data will not be saved and the participant can reuse the survey with the same token.
2) The survey is 50 questions.
3) All survey questions are marked with "mandatory" on to force the user not to skip a question.

I am looking for a way to abort the current survey if the participant chooses not to complete the interview before the end. This way i can reuse the same token for the next participant.

Do I need to create a special "ABORT" question on each page thereby if triggered will bypass all the mandatory questions and mark the survey as void?  If this is possible how would I do this (general concept)?

Thanks again.
Last edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by eyeballs.

• holch
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #242896 by holch
If you use the same token you can't really use "participant based response persistence", because you have two detrimental goals:

1. You want to keep the answers given (in case the line drops)
2. You want to start over fresh (in case the interview stops)

For Limesurvey it is basically the same situation. It doesn't know when you want to keep the data (as you request via the response persistence setting) or if you want to start over.

What you can try is to show the "Exit and clear survey" function. Clicking on this button should delete the data of the current interview and allow you to start over.

However, I usually prefer to have one token per real participant, not per interviewer, gives you more control. Just create a bunch of dummy tokens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose