Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Fastest method for creating new surveys from master

• pthwaites
  • pthwaites's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #242550 by pthwaites
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 3.27.9+210726
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
Hello,

I'm trying to create 33 new surveys from a master containing 500 questions. Each new survey will contain a total of 50 of the original 500 items. To create the new surveys, I first tried creating a copy in LS and then deleting the 450 unwanted items; and then I tried exporting a .txt version of the survey and editing using Excel to delete the unwanted items. But both of these methods are proving very slow. Can anyone suggest a faster way of doing this?

Thanks,

Peter
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by pthwaites.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #242555 by holch
I don't see any way to speed this up. I assume that for the first approach you used the "list questions" or "list question groups" feature to delete the undesired questions? I don't see how this could be sped up in any way. It is just choosing the questions you want to delete, tick them and then go for "selected questions..." --> Delete.

Maybe someone else has a good idea.

Off-topic:

Your LimeSurvey version: Version 3.27.9+210726

Your Limesurvey installation is without any updates, bug fixes and security patches since 26/07/2021, so over 1,5 years. You really should consider an update to the latest version of LS3 and for the long run an update to LS5 or LS6, as I assume that LS3 will be EOL rather sooner than later, now that LS6 is out. Currently I would probably still wait a couple of weeks to implement LS6 for production, but an update to the latest LS3 is a good idea for sure.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by holch.

• DenisChenu
More
1 year 1 week ago #242578 by DenisChenu

Maybe someone else has a good idea.

Same : i use group to be more quick.

Sometimes : i import group too.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose