Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is the acceptance of privacy policy saved along with response?

• heja.tibor
  • heja.tibor's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242215 by heja.tibor
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.11
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
I'm searching the way to have data as a proof about the acceptance of the privacy policy. Is it possible to setup the survey (or the system) to meet this requirement? I know how to enable the privacy policy and I know that is mandatory but later, how can I proof the acceptance based on the data?
The alternative way is to make a question about the policy acceptance, in this way I will be able to show these answers, but this solution is not so elegant.
So, any idea about this question?
Thanks
Tibor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242217 by DenisChenu

The alternative way is to make a question about the policy acceptance, in this way I will be able to show these answers, but this solution is not so elegant.

Why ?

1st question are a clear checkbox for data privacy acceptance : why it's not so elegant ?
In my opinion it's far better than the solution proposed by LimeSurvey core.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

• holch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242221 by holch
And: Even if the acceptance of the privacy message is not recorded, if they don't accept they can't continue. So this means anyone who continued, has accepted.

But if you prefer to have the acceptance stored in the database, create your own privacy message with a question. The built in tool is nothing else.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242226 by tpartner

Why ?

1st question are a clear checkbox for data privacy acceptance : why it's not so elegant ?
In my opinion it's far better than the solution proposed by LimeSurvey core.
Yup, absolutely, a question is easier to customize than the core privacy policy. I never use the welcome message or the privacy policy.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• heja.tibor
  • heja.tibor's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #242262 by heja.tibor
Hi,

Thank you for your quick answers. Regarding to your questions:
1. IMHO the proper place of the acceptance of the privacy policy is not in a response. It doesn't belong to the topic of the questionnaire. It is a metadata of the response. So I think it's not so elegant, because in this way we mix the data and the metadata of the questionnaire.

2. Q&A between me and the auditor :-) :
A: Was the privacy policy accepted by the participants?
Me: Sure!
A: Could you prove it?
Me: Look, this is the setting of this survey in LS. The participants can't fill the survey without accepting the privacy policy.
A: Great. This is the current config of the survey. Was it the same at the time of the data collection?
Me: Yes.
A: Prove me, please.
Me: Well, so, khmmm, ...
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by heja.tibor.

• tpartner
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242275 by tpartner
2) See our answers for 1).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242278 by jelo

t doesn't belong to the topic of the questionnaire. It is a metadata of the response. So I think it's not so elegant, because in this way we mix the data and the metadata of the questionnaire.

To save the acceptance into the responses is the best we can offer.
I see your point with the implemented privacy acceptance option and the lack of proof for that setting.

You can submit a feature request. Since LimeSurvey already has a feature which stores metadata outside the responses (Timing of each group) a feature request to extend the timing export to a metadata export will might be an easy to implement feature.
LimeSurvey could offer a special questionoption to save the answer in the metadata table instead in the responses.

Personally I would like to see the timings into the response set (like all other survey tools do). But that is another story.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: heja.tibor

• DenisChenu
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #242294 by DenisChenu
Alternative solution : use 2 survey and SurveyChaning

Acceptance is done in 1st survey

OR : create your own system using plugin BeforeSurveyPage

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: heja.tibor

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose