Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

CPU resource consumed while simultaneous submission (Performance issue).

• johnsmith_123
  • johnsmith_123's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #205932 by johnsmith_123
when tried to submit more than 50 simultaneous users, I found the CPU resource on the server (Windows server 2016, 4 cores, 16 RAM) becomes 99%

What may be the issue or LimeSurvey already have a performance issue with concurrent submissions
The topic has been locked.
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #205974 by jelo

johnsmith_123 wrote: when tried to submit more than 50 simultaneous users, I found the CPU resource on the server (Windows server 2016, 4 cores, 16 RAM) becomes 99%

How do you create 50 users? The is a difference between 50 users and 50 concurrent connections. 50 users seldom access LimeSurvey at the same time and e.g. click next at the same time. So you normally test with concurrent connections and not users.

The system load depends on many elements (Hardware, OS,PHP version, Webserver, Databaseserver, PHP-handler of the webserver, php code AKA LimeSurvey, survey content).

You normally would try to benchmark every part of the stack to find bottlenecks. Without knowing the stack, even an educated guess is hard.

Update: I found your bugticket. If others want to add remarks, they can find it here:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=16709

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by jelo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose