Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Ranking questions do not apear

More
4 years 4 months ago #191675 by Ljubo
Replied by Ljubo on topic Ranking questions do not apear
Dear Holch, this is all right and I think the annual Comfort Update price for LS is fair. However, my business is relatively small, and when all the payments on a monthly and annual basis add up, a lot of money falls out. So I have to "save" on something.

So far, I have not had any major problems managing LS. Even though I am a psychologist, I am interested in and i like to get more involved in that area. However, when I needed some help I was able to find a developer nearby (Denis, this is probably why debug is set > 0 - is that a potential problem?). What I might (and probably will once) give some money for is some specific solutions or maybe one beautifully edited theme. The only thing that bothers me is that it could cost a lot.
Anyway, your comment on Installatron made me think and try doing the Update myself in the future. But, I still don't feel 100% sure about this because I don't know which files I should not "run over."
Greeting,
Ljubo
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago #191678 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Ranking questions do not apear
Ljubo, this is why I mentioned that you can always update manually. Until a couple of years ago, there was not comfort update and a lot of people managed to update. ComfortUpdate does what its name says, it makes updating more comfortable. But that's about it. The price is reasonable, but I can understand that costs can add up. Thus, there is still the manual update and it is no rocket science.

It is explained here: manual.limesurvey.org/upgrading_from_a_previous_version

As said, those external installers seem to be a good idea, but usually cause more problems than they solve. Actually, installing LS has become fairly easy with a relatively simple process. I do have Cpanel installed on my VPS as well, but I always try to install without these one click installation packages, because you never know what they actually do with the software (they might change it, etc).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ljubo
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 4 months ago #191691 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Ranking questions do not apear

Ljubo wrote: Denis, this is probably why debug is set > 0 - is that a potential problem?

Yes, and you see why : with debug > 0 : you have more issue when updating … for example.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ljubo

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose