Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Conducting a conjoint design - Show different images to certain test groups

• Chrissl11
  • Chrissl11's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #179724 by Chrissl11
@tpartner:
Thank you tpartner for your solution!

As far as I checked it, it is working. :-)
And please appoligize, I did not know, that it is necessary to provide only the relevant questions as jelo said "You can just create a small survey and attach the export here. You don't need to provide the complete survey." so I thought it is up to me and of course, I've chose the easiest way. But I will keep that in mind!

But what do you mean by "Minor - when generating a random number, you should always put in a check to see if the number has been previously generated". I thought actually when having 1000 participants, that (almost, because it is random) every 50st will start with no. 1 again. Is that a wrong assumption?

@jelo:
There are several reasons!
First, the panel provider I will be using, uses LimeSurvey too. Therefore, it will be very easy by simply providing them the final file. Second, I can use the Sawtooth company account of a good friend to analyze the data. But I cannot carry out my survey on that, because it is her company account. I checked a lot of different providers besides Sawtooth, however, they are all really expensive - above 1,000 euros per licence. That is why I have chosen LimeSurvey: It provides a lot of possibilites and a proper support.

Yours,
Chrissl
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 2 months ago #179725 by jelo

Chrissl11 wrote: I thought actually when having 1000 participants, that (almost, because it is random) every 50st will start with no. 1 again. Is that a wrong assumption?

Tony meant the issue, that the random number in a equation changes every time it triggered (e.g. a respondent is switching back and forth in a survey). So the random number would change during an interview and the respondent would get different questions when going forwards again.

That is prevented via {if(is_empty(random), rand(1, 8), random)}. The random number will only be assigned once.

The random number is random. So you don't get a 100 percent correct distribution between 1 and 8.
If you have enough respondents you will get a proper distribution.

Chrissl11 wrote: First, the panel provider I will be using, uses LimeSurvey too. Therefore, it will be very easy by simply providing them the final file.

Panelprovider runs the survey with LimeSurvey? Interesting. Splendid?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose