Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Delphi survey round 2 including participants own score of round 1 of each item

• msvallinga
  • msvallinga's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #259016 by msvallinga
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Version 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.7.3. 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: none
==================
Dear forum members,I hope someone can help us with our problem. First some background information about our study:
1.       We use LimeSurvey Version 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.7.3. We are not allowed to use plugins.
2.       We are conducting a 3 round closed Delphi survey. In the first round, participants rate 40 items on a Likert scale from 1 to 5. In the second round, we will ask participants to rate the items again (on the same likert scale) but after extra information. We also want to show them their own rating of round 1 with every item. So the survey of round 2 is a different survey then round 1. Every participant has his/her own personal token, which will be the same in survey 2.How do we show participants in the round 2 survey, their own ratings of round one for every item?There have been a few threads before that have hinted that there is a way to do it without plugins, using custom token fields and expression manager, but we are still confused.These are the threads:  Delphi Survey - LimeSurvey Forums   Delphi with Limesurvey - LimeSurvey Forums   Delphi - Plugin use - LimeSurvey Forums  Your help is greatly appreciated, Kind regards,Pip, Marleen and Miranda
Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by DenisChenu. Reason: remove outmlook redirect link

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 1 day ago #259018 by DenisChenu
Why you include protection.outlook url ?

Question done by email ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• msvallinga
More
1 month 1 day ago #259020 by msvallinga
Dear Denis,

I did paste from email. After I saw the error I tried to edit but I got a spam warning. I tried to re-post but got reported as spam again..

Sorry!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• msvallinga
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #259447 by msvallinga
Dear forum members,

I hope someone can help us with our problem. First some background information about our study:

1.       We use LimeSurvey Version 2.6.7 Build SondagesPro 1.7.3. We are not allowed to use plugins.
2.       We are conducting a 3 round closed Delphi survey. In the first round, participants rate 40 items on a Likert scale from 1 to 5. In the second round, we will ask participants to rate the items again (on the same likert scale) but after extra information. We also want to show them their own rating of round 1 with every item. So the survey of round 2 is a different survey then round 1. Every participant has his/her own personal token, which will be the same in survey two.

Our question is: How do we show participants in the survey of round two, their own ratings of round one, for every item?
 So in round 2, we will ask participants to rate an item on a scale of 1 to 5. Above or in front of the likert scale we want to display the score they gave in the previous round. But how can we do that without a plugin?
There have been a few threads before that have hinted that there is a way to do it without plugins, using custom token fields and expression manager, but we are still confused.

These are the threads:   Delphi Survey - LimeSurvey Forums   
 Delphi with Limesurvey - LimeSurvey Forums     
Delphi - Plugin use - LimeSurvey Forums

Your help is greatly appreciated, 

Kind regards,Pip, Marleen and Miranda

• Joffm
  • Away
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #259461 by Joffm
Hm, you really work with a version that is at least 8 years old without bug fixes and security patches?

To answer your question.
You have to include these responses manually as additional attributes into the participants table of survey 2.
This is less work than expected,as you will get these values in the export of survey 1.

Then you save as csv-file to upload the participants (with the attributes) into survey 2

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: msvallinga

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #260233 by Mazi
First of all i agree to Joffm that you should really consider updating your stone-old version.
Since you are not allowed to use plugins or any other custom code, the approach Joffm mentioned is the only way. You need to manually copy the data as shown and can then use placeholders within the survey to show the previous ratings.

We have dealt with such delphi surveys at medical research in the past. For that, we had coded a fully automated version and also integrated charts. Not only do the charts visualize how others have rated certain items, we also added a red dot to idnicate the participant's  answer from the previous round:

If you are interested in such a customized Delphi tool, drop me a note:  survey-consulting.com/contact

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: msvallinga

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose