Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Running a survey without saving results

• Linda_FMPE
  • Linda_FMPE's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255901 by Linda_FMPE
Running a survey without saving results was created by Linda_FMPE
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]: Version 5.6.53+240131
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Hosted
Survey theme/template: Vanilla Minimal Template
==================
I am wondering if it is possible to run a survey and only have the results emailed out to a specific address, but not have the results collect in the survey.

I need to set up a situation where a survey is used to collect anonymous feedback on someone's performance, but I cannot see the results.  I have successfully set up the survey to email results to the person, and it is anonymous, but the results still collect in my account.

Is there any way to prevent the results from collecting and only have them emailed out?

My thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Linda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255910 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Running a survey without saving results
I don't see how this should work. Because to email it, you need to have the data.

Now, you would have to trigger the deletion of the data after the email has been sent. Expression script for example allows you to delete answers to previous questions, but you can only run expression script if the survey isn't completed. And if they survey isn't completed, the email doesn't get sent. So this won't work.

The only way I see would be to trigger the API via an external script through the end url and thus delete the data.

However, I find this kind of behavior "dangerous", because if something goes wrong with sending the email, you'll loose all the data and there is no way to send the email again, without going through the whole evaluation again.

I would rather have a look in the process you have and see if you can prevent via permissions that you can see the results. SOMEONE in the organization must be allowed to see the evaluations, right?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda_FMPE

• Linda_FMPE
  • Linda_FMPE's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255914 by Linda_FMPE
Replied by Linda_FMPE on topic Running a survey without saving results
Thank you for your response.

The situation is that I work at a continuing medical education program housed at a university, but that we serve physicians right across Canada, and have directors involved in developing and running the program right across the country,

I need to do the evaluation for one of the highest positions in the organization. In the past, we have had people fill out paper surveys and had them mailed directly to the person being evaluated, but we want to get away from paper surveys. Unfortunately the person being evaluated does not have access to our university LimeSurvey, and doesn't have access to any other survey software.

It's really not appropriate for me or any of the staff to have access to this data, so I was trying to figure out a way to do this without me having access to the data.

Is it possible for me to take away my own read access to the data but have the survey still work and the emails go out?

Thanks again,

Linda

• Joffm
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255916 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Running a survey without saving results
But at least one person has to have access.
There just has to be a trustworthy person who is not involved in the study in any way

This is why such studies are often carried out by third parties

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255935 by Verale
Replied by Verale on topic Running a survey without saving results
Adjust the settings in your survey tool, there should be an option to send results directly to a specified email address without storing them in your account.

• holch
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255936 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Running a survey without saving results
This doesn't make any sens. There is no such setting.

I'll be watching you in case you are starting a spam attack. I have seen your other post, which also makes little to no sense.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #255960 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Running a survey without saving results
The easiest solution can be delete after submit using manual.limesurvey.org/AfterSurveyComplete

But to have empty value during Survey proçcess (or if user stop and don't submit) : it can be done i think using

1. Add a session variable for the result to send (a diffeent one by group maybe)
2. When beforeSurveyPage happen : fill this session variable with current data, and remove all value in the BB
3. in afterSurveyComplete : use the session variable to send the email.

Really really complex … doing your own system from scratch can be really more easy.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose