Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

To link data from open to the closed survey

• Svilen_K
  • Svilen_K's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #254301 by Svilen_K
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.28.76
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================Hi, all!I am a newbie in using of LimeSurvey, thus please excuse me, if my question is obvious or badly asked.I need to create two-part survey or two dependable surveys. At first step the survey will be without any restrictions for self-admission (free without a registration).  After that I will sample manually some respondents to be visited by an interviewer. For this step I will need to create a closed survey with tokens. My problem is that I need the interviewers to review and confirm/change the data collected at the first stage and to collect additional information at this visit.Is it possible to link two parts of the survey via Lime (version 3.28.76)?
Thanks for the help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #254304 by holch
Easy! In your closed survey you'll have the participant table with their information, the token, etc. You can create custom attributes and save the data that was collected before into these custom attributes and you can reference these custom attributes from the participant / token table into your survey. There are a lot of examples in the forum on how to do that, but assuming that you want to reference custom attribute 1 in the survey, you use something like {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} either in the question text, or you can make a answer option preselected (default answers), or you can use it as a pre-written text in a text question. There are a lot of options.

You should read about expression manager / script in the manual, there are also examples on how to use this. E.g. here: manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Svilen_K

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose