Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Include Token (Invitation Code) in Survey URL

• MiriamHo
  • MiriamHo's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 3 days ago #252579 by MiriamHo
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello,

I have a closed survey and would like to create individualized links, which already inlclude the token (so that the participants don't have to enter them manually before starting the survey). I alredy created a dummy participant list, but this only provides me with the tokens. How do I combine the survey link and the individual tokens? Or is there a way to export a csv with already individualized links?

I need to send a list of individualized survey links to a panel provider we are working with.

Thank you for your help!
Miriam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 months 3 days ago #252587 by holch
I had written a nice little tutorial about this in the manual, but someone thought it would be a good idea to delete it.

There is no automatic way to get the links including the token into a CSV or spreadsheet file. However, there is a quick and easy workaround.

1. Get the CSV with the tokens, open it in your favorite spreadsheet program.
2. Go to the respondent table in Limesurvey. In front of every respondent is a little cock wheel that will give you the individual link for each respondent. Copy the link for ONE (e.g. the first respondent in the list). You will use this as your basis to understand how it needs to look like.

In LS6 (unfortunately you did not answer the basic questions about ls version, etc) there is no cock wheel, but you need to click on the "..." Action menu at the end and copy the link behind "Launch the survey with this participant".

You'll get something like this:
Code:
https://yourdomain.tld/index.php/333333?token=Y78orncsKyCJyJx&newtest=Y

3. Now you take this link and split it up into 3 parts.

Part 1: yourdomain.tld/index.php/333333?token=
Part 2: Y78orncsKyCJyJx
Part 3: &newtest=Y

Now you use a spreadsheet and the function "concatenate" ( www.excelfunctions.eu/CONCATENATE ).

You always the part 1, then join the different tokens, then join "& newtest=Y" at the end. This formula you can just copy down your token list and insert the respective tokens to create the individual link for each respondent.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• MiriamHo
  • MiriamHo's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 3 days ago #252604 by MiriamHo
Replied by MiriamHo on topic Include Token (Invitation Code) in Survey URL
Hi holch

Thank you very much for your explanation, this was very helpful!

Best,
Miriam

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose