Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can LimeSurvey be integrated with Outlook?

• BKilinc
  • BKilinc's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #252070 by BKilinc
Basically as the title states. Is it possible to integrate LimeSurvey with Outlook scheduler?

The idea is that, when respondents are choosing an event-date (radiobuttons, making a single choice out of four possible event-dates), the chosen event-date will be automatically scheduled in Outlook after the respondent has submitted the survey. This purpetuates the idea that a link exists between LimeSurvey and Microsoft Outlook. But I'm not sure if this is currently possible with LimeSurvey. I've found similar topics/questions on this, spanning from 9-12 years ago. Therefore, I'm not entirely sure if the possibility for an integration between LimeSurvey and Outlook is still excluded or not.

Further clarity would be very appreciated.

Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by BKilinc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #252113 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can LimeSurvey be integrated with Outlook?
This very much depends on the Outlook scheduler works. E.g. you could use the Limesurvey endurl to pass the date to another tool (in your case Outlook). But can Outlook work with this?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 months 1 week ago #252116 by jelo

The idea is that, when respondents are choosing an event-date (radiobuttons, making a single choice out of four possible event-dates), the chosen event-date will be automatically scheduled in Outlook after the respondent has submitted the survey.

Which Outlook? We all have a different understanding what Outlook is. To many it's the software installed on out computers. It can be Outlook.com the webbased client.
When you want to schedule something like you want to do the server part is often Microsoft Exchange hosting the calendar. OnPremise or Microsoft 365. With Microsoft 365 there are other ways to schedule tasks or appointments as well.

There is currently no integration creating calendar entries via LimeSurvey into Exchange.
I recommend to explain a bit what your IT infrastructure looks like. If you're on M365 take a look at PowerAutomate. You might can read emails from LimeSurvey (admin notifications) with date/time date and schedule them in Exchange. It's something like some have done with Zapier.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• holch
More
5 months 1 week ago #252175 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can LimeSurvey be integrated with Outlook?
And this plugin writes the scheduled appointments directly into Outlook????

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
5 months 1 week ago #252177 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Can LimeSurvey be integrated with Outlook?

And this plugin writes the scheduled appointments directly into Outlook????
bad topic … sorry …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose