Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Individual survey links sent in physical letters via mail

• korneliadobrawa
  • korneliadobrawa's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #251889 by korneliadobrawa
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  LimeSurvey Cloud   Version 6.3.2
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================Dear community,At this point of my research, I obtained house addresses of a sample of individuals. From this sample I want to recruit my study participants and collect data on them via Lime Survey.To do this I will send them physical letters via mail. In these physical letters, I would like to include their individual links to the Lime Survey.I created a dummy participant list and uploaded it to Lime, so the survey is closed.
 These are my questions:
I would like to know how to create individual links for each participant of the survey such that I can include these links into the letters that are not invitation emails generated by Lime.  

Is it possible that after entering the individual link/ scanning the QR code with the individual link from the physical letter, the individuals will be forwarded to the Lime Survey without needing to enter the token, but they will be able to open the survey directly using their unique link?

I will greatly appreciate your help!

Best,
Kornelia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #251900 by DenisChenu
1. Create your tokens
2. export as CSV
3. Construct the url via LibreOffice Calc (or another Calc tool)
4. Use any QR code generator to generate the qrcode and add it in your letters

For qr code generator : duckduckgo.com/?t=ftsa&q=qrcode+generator&ia=web
There are surely some tools to do it via script on linux staring by man.archlinux.org/man/qrencode.1.en maybe

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: korneliadobrawa

• korneliadobrawa
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #251905 by korneliadobrawa
Replied by korneliadobrawa on topic Individual survey links sent in physical letters via mail
Thank you for your quick response @DenisChenu.

I'm relatively new to Lime Survey, and every action I take is my first attempt. Consequently, I would appreciate it if you could provide more specific guidance regarding the step "3. Construct the URL via LibreOffice Calc (or another Calc tool)."

This is exactly my question: how to obtain/ create the individual URL to the Lime Survey?Until now, I have a participants list with dummy email addresses. The survey is in closed-access mode. The access codes are generated in the participants list (I previously called access codes “tokens” by mistake). I exported the participants list as csv file.Could you please advise me on the next steps required to generate individual URLs that will direct participants to the survey?Your assistance is greatly appreciated!Best regards,Kornelia

• DenisChenu
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #251909 by DenisChenu

Thank you for your quick response @DenisChenu.

how to obtain/ create the individual URL to the Lime Survey?Until now,

Just copy one link to start surfey and use calc to replace the token
  (in french here)

Zip file contain a sample for LibreOfficeCalc

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: korneliadobrawa

• korneliadobrawa
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #251914 by korneliadobrawa
Replied by korneliadobrawa on topic Individual survey links sent in physical letters via mail
Wonderful! It worked also for me :)

Thank you very much for your amazing help!

• holch
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #251935 by holch
In physical letters, I would probably only include a short link to the survey itself and the token separated so they can type it in. In this case i would also make sure that the tokens are relatively simple.

The QR code is great, but some people can't or don't know how to use the QR codes. My phone for example sometimes doesn't want to scan specific qr codes.

So I think it is a good idea to have, besides the QR code with the full individual link, also a short link that leads to the survey where a field opens for the respondent to type only the token.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, korneliadobrawa

• korneliadobrawa
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #252015 by korneliadobrawa
Thank you very much for the meaningful suggestion!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose