Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

[Updated] Filtering of Answer Options in a Ranking Question

• aarrbbiiee
  • aarrbbiiee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205928 by aarrbbiiee
(I've used Ranking question for column B because they have to select their top 3 most applicable actions)

• If I select any of the options from First Row - A then ALL the answer options in First Row - B should be displayed.
    Same with if I select any of the options in Second Row - A then ALL answer options in Second Row - B should be displayed.
  • If I select any option from First Row – A AND Second Row – A then ALL answer options from First Row – B and Second Row – B should be displayed.
  • And what if they have the same response overlap, is it possible that they don’t see the same answer choice twice? Example is the answer options “I don’t have the tools to take action” which is present on both First Row – B and Second Row – B.

**Note that these are 2 questions only, First question is a Multiple Question (Column A) and Second Question is a Ranking Question (Column B) I just used labels First Row - A, and Second Row - A so it would be easy to understand what are the specific answer options from First Row - B and Second Row - B that should be displayed based on what is selected from the Multiple choice question.

Please let me know if this requirement is feasible in LimeSurvey. Thank you so much! :)
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205937 by Joffm
Can you send this as a lss export?

By the way: Of course items are not displayed twice because you insert "I don't have tools" only once in the ranking question.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • Joffm
More
3 years 6 months ago #205940 by Joffm
Here an example.

Exactly what I told you before.
Insert a hidden question of type "multiple" with the same subquestion codes as your rank9ing question
Check the desired items by an equation.
Use array filter.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...1847.lss
File Size:41 KB

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: aarrbbiiee
  • aarrbbiiee
  • aarrbbiiee's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205979 by aarrbbiiee
Thank you so much sir Joffm! I get it now. I tweaked your codes so that I can also resolve the overlaps in options. You've been such a great help sir. :)

I wish to learn more about writing expressions.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose