Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Separation of participants and responses

• ralfkunze
  • ralfkunze's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205874 by ralfkunze
Separation of participants and responses was created by ralfkunze
Hi,
is it somehow possible to prevent that in the responses table the columns "First name", "Last name", and "Email" are taken from the survey participants table? I would like to have participants and responses in different tables.
Thank you very much in advance,
Ralf
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205875 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Separation of participants and responses

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • ralfkunze
More
3 years 6 months ago #205876 by ralfkunze
Replied by ralfkunze on topic Separation of participants and responses
Yes, thank you very much for the quick response! I've seen this option, but in certain cases I HAVE to be able to get a connection between the responses and the participants - which will not be possible when I anonymize the responses. Is there a "middle way", meaning not to store both information in one table?
Ralf
  • holch
More
3 years 6 months ago #205890 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Separation of participants and responses
Either they are connected or they are not connected. There is no technical middle way like "a little bit connected". Even if they are not stored in the same table, if there is a connection, it is the same thing.

However, if you use tokens and have the name and email in the token table, they are not part of the responses table until you export them together (which you need to mark, they are not exported together by default).

They are displayed in the Limesurvey backend in one table, though. But I don't see a way around this, except using the anonymous option.

The middle ground wouldn't really help, because it gives the impression of anonymity, but at the end you still can connect the persona data with the response data, so this is just whitewashing things, but not really doing anything in terms of privacy.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
3 years 6 months ago #205907 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Separation of participants and responses
Participant and Response are not in same table.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • ralfkunze
More
3 years 6 months ago #205914 by ralfkunze
Replied by ralfkunze on topic Separation of participants and responses
Thanks a lot for your answers, I noticed now, too, that the export of the responses does not include participants info per default so I figured that they are stored in different tables after all.
The reason was only to export only responses without information of the participants - because on the limesurvey server the data is save but as soon as I store it on the computer it (and e.g. in Dropbox) I get security issues. But this way it works for me, as I can save the responses locally without personal information.
Cheers,
Ralf

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose