Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

List dropdown maximum answer options = 97 !!

• giannopk
  • giannopk's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #205868 by giannopk
I notice that the maximum answer options that can be entered in the list dropdown is 97.
How can I increase this?
I am using Version 4.1.10+200311

*PS. limesurvey 2 admin environment was much less buggy! The fact that I need to ask on the forum for such a simple question proves the newer gui is less usable for users...
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #205873 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic List dropdown maximum answer options = 97 !!
Please update to the latest version and if the problem persists, file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
3 years 6 months ago #205891 by holch
This sounds very much like a problem with your PHP settings. What are your max_vars settings in PHP? If it is too low, they input can get cut off.

*PS. limesurvey 2 admin environment was much less buggy! The fact that I need to ask on the forum for such a simple question proves the newer gui is less usable for users...

Which LS 2? LS 2.06LTS or LS 2.5x/2.7x? The later was basically just as buggy as LS 4.x in the same state.

We currently recommend LS 3.x LTS for productive use, I wouldn't consider LS 4.x ready for productive use. On the other hand, you are using a more than 6 months old version of LS 4.x, no wonder it is buggy. You skipped I don't know how many updates since (not saying that there are no bugs in the most recent version, but in yours there are certainly more...)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose