Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Multi Language Support for Survey

• lefondu
  • lefondu's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #200304 by lefondu
Multi Language Support for Survey was created by lefondu
Folks,
I have this scenario. Let's say I have one survey with 30 questions. I need each question to be written in: English, French, Spanish. Is there a way to do this with Lime Survey? If there is, please show me. Thank you so much for any tips.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #200308 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Multi Language Support for Survey

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch
  • lefondu
More
3 years 10 months ago #200349 by lefondu
Replied by lefondu on topic Multi Language Support for Survey
Please show me which section of the manual Tony Partner? I am lost and that is why I am here seeking for help. And you basically are asking me to go read the manual.
  • tpartner
More
3 years 10 months ago #200350 by tpartner
Yes, please read the manual. Everyone offering help here is doing so on a volunteer basis in their free time. The manual has clear links to various sections so please do not waste our time.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • lefondu
More
3 years 10 months ago #200351 by lefondu
This forum has many different kind of people here Tony Partner. There are end users, professionals and developers. Reading the manual does not turn someone into an expert and make the feature or product work. This is why we have this forum, specifically this section of the forum for end users to ask questions like how "how do I do this...". I have read the manual and still could not find the answers to my question. That is why I posted this question seeking for some light. Now if you know the answers and have some good spirit, then be helpful and point it out.

Your statement about people in here working as volunteers or pointing end users to the manual link is unhelpful and idiotic. Of course we all know that not a single person in here get paid for posting or answering questions. It is just like keeping screaming out opensource is free; everyone knows that!
  • Joffm
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #200352 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Multi Language Support for Survey

I have read the manual and still could not find the answers to my question.

I do not think you really read the manual.

Not a hidden topic but directly in the "table of contents":

where you have a step by step explanation with a lot of screenshots.
You really did not find this?

Your statement about people in here working as volunteers or pointing end users to the manual link is unhelpful and idiotic.

Pardon??? What was this?
Do you really expect us to repeat what is already existing - very detailled - in the manual?
A manual usually is made for end users, even if mainly end users do not read it.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Joffm.
  • lefondu
More
3 years 10 months ago #200354 by lefondu
Joffm, your screenshot highlighting the "multilingual survey" was very helpful. Thank you for shining the light.

There is a difference when providing guidance and pointing someone to, for example, chapter 3 instead of asking them to go read the book. Even when we try to teach a student a good moral story from the bible, we quote a phrase or passage from the bible. We don't tell that student go read the bible.

Your technique of sharing knowledge is helpful and appreciated. And I thank you for that.

For Tony Partner, he can keep his mouth shut next time. Because if every answer for each question in this forum is "go read the manual", then we don't really need this forum. :-)
  • Joffm
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #200356 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Multi Language Support for Survey
Oh, just to point out.

I just proved that you obviously did not follow the hint "Read the manual".
By some reasons you seemed to be not willing to look through the "table of contents".
If you had done so, you would have found the answer to your question two days ago.

You are not such a newbie here not to know that we very frequently provide links to the manual or to other threads where the answer is given already.
The forum is meant to give advice to questions that are beyond the basics of the manual - that people really should know.

But I will also follow your suggestion and keep my mouth shut in the future.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Joffm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • tpartner
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #200361 by tpartner
I agree with Joffm, the link to the multilingual section is totally obvious in the index of the manual. Why would I waste my time copying and pasting that?

For Tony Partner, he can keep his mouth shut next time. Because if every answer for each question in this forum is "go read the manual", then we don't really need this forum.

Oh, I'm cut to the quick! Maybe take a closer look at these forums to see how many people I have helped...but rest assured that it won't be you in the future.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #200379 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Multi Language Support for Survey

This forum has many different kind of people here Tony Partner. There are end users, professionals and developers. Reading the manual does not turn someone into an expert and make the feature or product work. This is why we have this forum, specifically this section of the forum for end users to ask questions like how "how do I do this...". I have read the manual and still could not find the answers to my question. That is why I posted this question seeking for some light. Now if you know the answers and have some good spirit, then be helpful and point it out.

Your statement about people in here working as volunteers or pointing end users to the manual link is unhelpful and idiotic. Of course we all know that not a single person in here get paid for posting or answering questions. It is just like keeping screaming out opensource is free; everyone knows that!

@lefondu: Sorry, but your response is not acceptable.

Tpartner pointed out that this can be easily found in the manual, even giving you the link to the manual, to the very same page where you could find "multilingual survey". So it is obvious that you didn't even have a look at it and instead just went on your little rant. Joffm showed you how easy it was to find in the table of content from that link.

We are not helping in the forum because we are so bored and have nothing better to do than to go to the manual and search for the correct link for others.

Especially Tpartner is an invaluable supporter here in the forum and he has helped many people with specific questions and workarounds, that took him a lot of time for sure.

The forum is here there for specific questions and problems that can not be solved via the manual. Telling you that this information is available in the manual is totally valid but should be actually not necessary, because everyone should have looked at the manual before posting anything here.

Even when we try to teach a student a good moral story from the bible, we quote a phrase or passage from the bible. We don't tell that student go read the bible.

That makes things a lot clearer...

We are not missionaries. We don't teach good moral stories. We point you to the manual if what you are looking for is written there. A simple Google search for "limesurvey multilingual survey" would also have you lead to the manual post about it.

There are a lot of people here that help in the forum on a daily basis as volunteers (Tpartner, Denis, Joffm, etc.). But after all that, I am not sure how much the are motivated to help you with your issues now. I am certainly not...

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• lefondu
More
3 years 10 months ago #200384 by lefondu
Thank you all for the replies. Not everyone can be a missionarỵ There are people with knowledge and they can put it into good use, with kindness and courtesy. And there are of those who are jackasses; I don't think Tony Partner is one, but that is for others to judge. I am not pointing fingers here. But for all those who responded to this thread, I must admit Joffm is a great person, with knowledge and kindness, a true leader. And when Joffm offers to help or guide, he just doesn't just point the finger, he walks that person all the way through. And the proof was that he pointed me to a manual, circling a section that I needed to read to get the job done. And for that, I am grateful for his help. Thank you Joffm.

Joffm, I know you just want to help people out of kindness. And I thank you for your help. I would like return the good will and make a $100 USD donation to any person or entity of your choice. I will make the transfer now. Please provide a Zelle ID. You can send it to this public thread or private to me.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose