Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change column/separator width in dual array with textboxes

• MariekeE
  • MariekeE's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #199604 by MariekeE
I was able to create a dual array question with added text boxes thanks to some awesome information I found here! However, I am struggling to change the width of the columns/and or separator. I have tried different scripts that I found on this forum, and also tried to change the template, but nothing works. Most of what I found was from several years ago, so maybe that is the problem.

Could anyone please take a look and point me in the right direction? I have attached the question group, and a picture of what it looks like. I would like the separator column to be very thin or non-existent, and the text box column to be a bit wider.

I am using LS 3.22.12, and a custom template that is an extension of the fruity template.

Thank you!

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey..._183.lsg
File Size:22 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #199607 by holch
Please always provide a LSS file, not a LSG file.

Why you might ask. It is so much more convenient for you, right?

Yes, but it is not convenient for the helpers in the forum. Limesurvey Question group files (LSG) are language sensitive. This means, the base language needs to be in the same language as the survey you import this into.

And, it makes the helpers in the forum to create a survey to import your LSG file into. In many cases there also might be general settings of a survey than might have an impact on the problem (probably not your case).

So help us to help you. Export a LSS file with ONLY the groups and questions that are relevant to your problem and not the whole survey. This is a little bit of extra work for you, because in many cases you might have to create a copy of your survey and delete everything that is not necessary. But it helps the helpers here, that often respond a lot of questions per day and each additional step is taking some time for them. Keep in mind that most people responding in this forum are volunteers and do so during their spare time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by holch. Reason: Improved the English... ;-) and of course it is "not convenient" for the helpers
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner
  • Joffm
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #199636 by Joffm
Add to your custom.css:
.header_separator {width:2%}

or whatever width you would like to have.

Joffm

And keep in mind holch's remarks.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Joffm.
  • MariekeE
More
3 years 11 months ago #199688 by MariekeE
My apologies! I had no idea, but this makes sense. I will do better next time!
  • MariekeE
More
3 years 11 months ago #199689 by MariekeE
Thank you joffm; I feel so stupid now... Thank you so much for your help!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose