Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64

• vadindot
  • vadindot's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #153357 by vadindot
Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64 was created by vadindot
I've stuck with version 2.06 for a while now because I like the interface more and honestly have trouble finding what I want/need in the newer versions.

I started using 2.64 for internal survey work, and I am trying to decide if I am going to start switching. I definitely can program a survey much faster in 2.06, so I have a few questions:

1. Are there performance advantages in the latest Limesurvey version? For example, if I have a big annual project which I send out around 40000 email invites for. On the first couple of days after the invite is sent, I will get messages from people that the survey times out. This of course is the busiest time of the project, when the most people are simultaneously taking surveys. Would a newer version of lime help with this?

2. How compatible are surveys created in 2.06 in newer versions? That is, can I create my survey in the older version, export it and then import it into 2.64 and expect it to work?

3. Is it possible to have installations of both 2.06 and 2.64 attached to the same database so that I could work with the same surveys and data if I wanted?
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #153362 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64

vadindot wrote: 3. Is it possible to have installations of both 2.06 and 2.64 attached to the same database so that I could work with the same surveys and data if I wanted?

I'm using this trick without problem since the first 2.5 version...
Currently I run a "dual installation" with 2.6 & 2.64 latest versions without any kind of issue...

Note that if you install a 2.64 after the 2.06, the database will be automatically upgraded to the last db version...

Here please find a copy of my 2 /application/versions.php files:

for 2.06/2.6:
Code:
$config['versionnumber'] = "2.6.4";
$config['dbversionnumber'] = 184;
$config['buildnumber'] = 'SondagesPro 1.5.2';
$config['updatable'] = false;

for 2.64:
Code:
$config['versionnumber'] = '2.64.7';
$config['dbversionnumber'] = 261;
$config['buildnumber'] = '';
$config['updatable'] = true;
$config['assetsversionnumber'] = '2647';

/application/config.php files are strictly the same for both installations

Note that templates (names) have to be available in both instances... (BTW ok for "default" theme)

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vadindot
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago #155666 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64
And remind to activate survey via the last version only. Some column are better in last, and think some exist only in last version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
6 years 10 months ago #155667 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64
PS : currently : i didn't give advice to update for old user or user with hacked template.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 10 months ago #155720 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Need help comparing 2.06 with 2.64
1. No (at least not for mail, we replace jqgrid by Yii GridView which improve performance for list rendering)
2. Not compatible. It's possible to convert the templates, but it's pretty hard, and we don't provide help to do it.
3. I would not recommend that.

You can just wait we release ls3, we should provide an option for expert users so they can show all the menu bars everywhere like in 2.06

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose