Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installation on more than 1 webserver + session file size

• mfiora
  • mfiora's Avatar Topic Author
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
6 years 1 month ago #166582 by mfiora
Hello,

i wrote on the italian forum about this but got no answer. I hope to be more lucky here and i also hope this is the right forum section for this.

I wanted to ask if anybody of you has experience with LS installation on more than 1 webserver (pointing to a single database server). If you have, do you syncronize some folders between the 2 webservers? Any advice?

In addition to this, how can i verify the "session file" size? The survey i'm working with is really big and i'd like to find out what's the order of magnitude per participant.

Thanks,
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #166588 by holch
The Italian forum is a lot less active than the English forum. However, given that it was Easter weekend I am not overly surprised that you didn't get any feedback within the last 3 days, given that there public holidays.

Here is the link to the Italian post: www.limesurvey.org/forum/italian-forum/1...e-di-sessione#166526

Please put some information in the italian post to link to this to avoid that people are answering something that has been answered already.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mfiora
  • mfiora
  • mfiora's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #166599 by mfiora
Hello,
i got a partial answer on the Italian forum.
lfanfoni wrote that he would syncronize folders:
1) when a survey questions asks for a file upload
2) (just before the survey starts) containing custom survey templates, images or any other file needed to the survey.

All the other data is stored in the database.

Thanks,

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose