Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Empty Values when the user choose answer 1,2,3 on 4th is working.

• ezabetak
  • ezabetak's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166555 by ezabetak
Hello We are running a survey on my company and we notice that in a specific question if the user choose answer 1 ,2 , 3 on database record empty field.if the choose the 4th answer.it working.

The weird thing is that when we running the survey to test the question on our computer with the three option 1,2,3 was working.

So I we cannot find what is happening so i need your help..please help us.The survey is written on greek language ,and on this specific question we dont use any special character for example quotas or something.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166574 by holch
Sorry, but with the description given it is almost impossible to help you. It is not clear (to me) what you are talking about.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166604 by jelo

ezabetak wrote: Hello We are running a survey on my company and we notice that in a specific question if the user choose answer 1 ,2 , 3 on database record empty field.if the choose the 4th answer.it working.

Create a testsurvey with just this one question with the issues. Try that test survey on your surveyserver. Can you reproduce the issue? If yes, than export the test survey and attach it here on the forum and add some info about your surveyserver. What exact version of LimeSurvey is used on the server? What databasetechnology?

If you cannot reproduce the issue with the test survey, the issue might be in the survey structure or the environment. That will be hard to diagnose. You might try to copy the complete survey and check again.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • ezabetak
  • ezabetak's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166634 by ezabetak
LimeSurvey
Version 2.06+ Build 150911

Look I can do the test survey with this one question but i dont think that the issue is there..because when we tested.It worked normaly! I agree that something maybe goes wrong with database technology but we have run a lot of surveys and never before we had such a thing.My question is why when we run the survey it works (insert record on the db). And when someone else run the survey gives empty record not for every answer but for 1,2,3.
  • holch
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #166635 by holch

My question is why when we run the survey it works (insert record on the db). And when someone else run the survey gives empty record not for every answer but for 1,2,3.

How should anyone be able to answer this with the information that we have? Basically impossible. At the moment we are trying to circle the problem. How do you know that "someone else" marks 1, 2, 3?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose